Hi All,

I'm finishing a SCCM 2007 R3 project, and everything was fine, clients being updated, until I had a look at the Advertisement status...all updates had being failed, even the client was updated.

I was chocked, as I was following the documentation (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff977052.aspx)..

I've altered the packaged created by the KB977384 installation, I only added the MIF file following the documentation
- On the Reporting page of the New Package Wizard, enable Use these fields for status MIF matching.
- In the MIF file name field, enter kb977384-x86-.mif.

Looking at the execmgr.log, i noticed the following:
Looking for MIF file to get program status execmgr 02/02/2011 11:14:28 552 (0x0228)
Raising event:
[SMS_CodePage(850), SMS_LocaleID(2057)]
instance of SoftDistProgramUnexpectedRebootEvent
{
AdvertisementId = "xxxYYYYY";
ClientID = "GUID:4E08DE53-821C-47FC-AD55-FFA9C5F269F5";
DateTime = "20110202111428.991000+000";
MachineName = "NetBios";
PackageName = "xxxYYYYY";
ProcessID = 1288;
ProgramName = "KB977384 - Advanced Client Patch Install";
SiteCode = "SiteCode";
ThreadID = 552;
};
execmgr 02/02/2011 11:14:28 552 (0x0228)

but, the files should be
Looking for MIF file to get program status execmgr 02/02/2011 11:29:45 3152 (0x0C50)
A Matching MIF file SMSAdvancedClient.sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.mif was found execmgr 02/02/2011 11:29:45 3152 (0x0C50)
Raising event:
[SMS_CodePage(850), SMS_LocaleID(2057)]
instance of SoftDistProgramCompletedSuccessfulMIFEvent
{
AdvertisementId = "xxxYYYYY";
ClientID = "GUID:4E08DE53-821C-47FC-AD55-FFA9C5F269F5";
DateTime = "20110202112945.388000+000";
MachineName = "NetBios";
MIFDescription = "The operation completed successfully.";
MIFDescription7 = "";
MIFDescription8 = "";
MIFDescription9 = "";
PackageName = "xxxYYYYY";
ProcessID = 4060;
ProgramName = "KB977384 - Advanced Client Patch Install";
SiteCode = "SiteCode";
ThreadID = 3152;
UserContext = "NT AUTHORITY\\SYSTEM";
};
execmgr 02/02/2011 11:29:45 3152 (0x0C50)

Note the existing of the "A Matching MIF file" line

Looking at the sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.msp.log, I noticed that the MIF file name wasn't kb977384-x86-enu.mif, but it was SMSAdvancedClient.sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.mif.

Ok, time to change and try again, but the file name is too long. I had to omit the ".MIF", but no problem, as SCCM knows that the file name is .MIF

I've tried again and got the same problem, but this time wasn't because the MIF file, but was because the "name". The default value is "{0856B5B5-C423-476E-BC4B-C8FE92223BEC}". I had to change it
to "0856B5B5-C423-476E-BC4B-C8FE92223BEC". After these changes, everything worked out..

[UPDATE] 
I did a couple of extra tests and discovered that using "{" does work as well..I probably typed something wrong when doing the initial tests


The package->reports tab now looks like


And the advertisement status now looks like