I did a demonstration of Windows AutoPilot at the Global Azure Bootcamp in Birmingham last Saturday 21st April, my demo failed so I had to flip to a pre-recorded demonstration. I also mentioned that I’d been having some issues the previous week when preparing for the demo and if I found out the cause I would share it. Well, here it is. I found out today that there have been some changes to AutoPilot requirements and if the device you are adding is already joined to Azure Active Directory then the import will fail. As I am using a limited number of demonstration machines then I fell foul of this one without realising. The error code I received was wadp010 which as you can see in the table below is not massively helpful. I am reliably informed that this specific issue will soon show a wadp014 error instead. However, as this is still very new the documentation is yet to be updated to reflect this. I have of course asked for some further information on this which I will share as and when I have anything.
In the meantime, to clarify these are the error codes right now. Once I see the new list I will share that also.
Taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-store/add-profile-to-devices
Here's info on some of the errors you might see while
working with AutoPilot deployment profiles
in Microsoft Store for Business and